River Active - White water outdoor activities we provide on the Dee valley river in LlangollenWe are the only White Water Rafting company based on the River Dee in Llangollen, North Wales.
You will meet at the River Active Ltd. site where you will be greeted by the raft guide who will be leading your rafting session, the guide will help kit you up in the appropriate equipment.
White Water Rafting
£55.00 per person
Session times :
09.30am and 1.00 pm (this session is approx a 3 hour session including transportation and safety brief)
These sessions are available 7 days a week, 364 days of the year. We are closed Christmas day.
Additional Information :
The minimum age to raft is 8 years old.
Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)
- The half day intro session lasts 3.5 hours, including getting kitted and safety briefing. Sessions start from 9am or 1:30pm.
- The full day session is from 9am - 4pm.
- Minimum age is 16. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Our courses are delivered by BCU certified instructors who are all qualified in first aid.
- We provide wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets paddles and paddle boards
White Water Body Boating
- Minimum age is 12 years, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
- Our instructors are BCU certified and fully qualified in first aid
- All equipment provided
- The half day intro session lasts 3.5 hours, including getting kitted and safety briefing. Sessions start from 9am or 1:30pm
What People Say
Bren Orton World Class UK Kayaker
The Dee, remains one of my favourite rivers in the world for a multitude of reasons, but mostly because it runs every day of the year, is home to some great rapids and in high water some truly great freestyle spots.
I spent most of my time on the Dee at the Mile End Mill section as it is home to the best waves on the river. Mile End Mill is my local stomping ground and the place where I learned all of my fundamental skills
Anton Lippek Canoe Slalom Athlete
& River Guide
Mile End Mill is one of my favourite paddling locations with friendly staff and great facilities. I began my Kayaking Career as a Canoe Slalom athlete and this fantastic venue with all year round river access pushed me in my training from the early days right through to elite level performance and I was never alone on the water.
With a café and lounge area overlooking the river my parents could sit back and relax with a coffee too which is always a bonus.
Clarkson-King Adventurer & Business Owner
This site on the river Dee has so many fond memories. It is one of the first venues I ever paddled whitewater. When I am back in the country I always make time to return to the Mile End Mill in Llangollen. It's nice to go back to your roots and wonderful to see water users of all abilities enjoying the river. It simply is part of our heritage.
You! ...Add Your Own
More testimonials from some other notable white water activity participants to be added. Please feel free to tell us about your own experience with River Active Llangollen and send us your testimonialADD YOUR OWN › contact us here